Information Marathon TS Collects
Marathon TS collects personal information about individuals when they specifically and knowingly provided this information for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them at the time they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, providing a business card in a meeting; sending a Marathon TS employee an email that includes the individual’s name, address, phone number, and other personal information; or providing basic details for building security purposes when you enter our office.
Unless we explain otherwise at the time, providing personal information that we request is optional and disclosures are made voluntarily.
Information Marathon TS Collects Automatically
Marathon TS collects certain information by automated means when you visit its websites. In particular:
- Marathon’s web servers log your computer’s IP addresses, operating system, and browser software, as well as the pages you access. We use this data, in aggregate, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
- You may refuse to accept cookies. To enable or disable cookies ,you will need to follow the instructions your browser provides. Alternatively, external resources are available providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our website. If you do not disable cookie delivery, Google Analytics will deliver cookies to your device when you visit Marathon’s website and you consent to the processing of the data the cookies collect.
How Marathon Uses the Personal Information It Collects
Marathon TS may use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Responding to contact requests and requests for information, including requests made through our “Contact Us” page on our website;
- Providing products and services, running day-to-day business operations, and otherwise operating our business;
- Processing employment applications, evaluating your employment qualifications, and contacting individuals regarding employment opportunities when appropriate;
- Providing corporate information alerts and other marketing information;
- Performing human resources functions;
- Preparing and submitting bids and proposals to customers, including government and private sector entities;
- Managing our relationship with you and the organization you represent;
- Protecting Marathon TS, its employees, and its business partners against cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud and other unlawful activity, and claims and other liabilities;
- Protecting Marathon personnel and property;
- Exercising Marathon’s legal rights; and
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and Marathon policies.
Except in rare circumstances when Marathon is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, Marathon will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or otherwise set out in this policy.
Sharing Information Marathon Collects
Marathon does not sell, lease, rent, or license the personal information it collects to third parties.
Marathon may disclose personal and information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To perform services for customers (for example, with a Marathon subcontractor or a prime contractor for which Marathon is a subcontractor);
- To third party service providers to facilitate the services they provide (for example, third party payroll processors and auditors);
- To submit bids for proposals from the government or commercial customers;
- To protect Marathon’s rights, privacy, safety, or property, and that of its customers, employees, its affiliates, users, and others;
- To support an investigation of cybersecurity and other security events, espionage, fraud, and other illegal activity;
- In the event of a merger, sale, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Marathon business assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings;
- When requested by law enforcement or other government authorities;
- When required by law, regulation, court order, or other legal process; and
- For any other legal purpose.
Marathon requires the third-party business partners to which it provides personal information to protect and maintain that information in confidence, and not to license, sell or otherwise transfer such information except to or as directed by Marathon as required to provide the partner’s services to Marathon.
Managing Information: Your Rights and Choices
At Marathon’s website, you can sign up to receive company news and information by email. By signing up, you are joining an “opt-in” list to receive these communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, we provide a link for you to unsubscribe in our communications.
Marathon implements commercially reasonable and appropriate technical, physical, and administrative measures to prevent the loss of, misuse of, disclosure of, alteration of, destruction of, and unauthorized access to the personal information you provide. However, no internet system is completely secure, and Marathon cannot eliminate all security risks associated with the electronic transfer and storage of information.
Transfers of Information
Marathon TS is headquartered in the United States, and our systems are based in the United States. Any information you provide through Marathon’s website and online services will be transferred out of your country and to the United States. By providing personal information through our website and online services, you expressly consent to the transfer of this information to the United States. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, please do not use our website and online services or provide personal information through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
Marathon’s websites and online services are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. Marathon TS does not knowingly solicit, store, or use personal information of children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. Children under the age of 13 should not register for services or provide any personal information, including name, address, telephone number, or email address to Marathon TS through its websites or online services. If Marathon becomes aware it has inadvertently collected Personal Information of children under the age of 13, we wil promptly will delete such information.
Marathon’s website contains links to websites operated by third parties to provide users additional information. These links may include links to social media services (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube). Marathon does not control these third-party sites and services and is not responsible for the content of these sites or the products, services, or actions of the third parties operating them. The privacy policies of these third-party sites and services should govern your use of and sharing of data with them, and Marathon does not control and is not responsible for these privacy policies. Marathon strongly recommends you review the privacy policies of these websites and social media services.
Contacting Marathon TS